Thursday, April 9, 2009

Baby Book Treasure Trove

So my parents have found many old momentos from all of our pasts that have been in storage for many a year. One such momento is my baby book! Now, I didn't start out as the cutest child in my opinion, but I blossomed into this supermodel you see today! Or something like that ;) Reading through my mom's notes in the book, I found some amusing little tidbits:

*She has a mole birthmark on her back (it's sort of like a freckle - flat)*
My note about that: That mole grew with me and became the most hideous looking thing a girl could have on her back, making me forever self-conscious about my back. At the age of 22, I had that sucker removed due to fears that it was a cancerous little devil. Fortunately, we later found out that it wasn't. Now I've a big scar on my back to replace the hairy, misshapened and large birthmark. I find it funny that it was once described as being like a freckle :)

*9 months - doesn't like to share*
I'd like to say that has changed but it hasn't ;)

*5 months - laughs and gets very excited over Bilbo our cat*
I still get excited about cats.

*first word - bye-bye & waves, cookie, daddy, kitty, hi*
All but cookie are still part of my daily vocabulary.

*first sentence - broken balloon*
I'd sure like to know what this means! I'm actually quite frightened by balloons to this day. I HATE popping balloons, almost as much as I hate the toy Jack-In-The-Box.

Special Aptitudes:
from 6 months on - loved to dance in some way or another
4 years - tries to break dance
How rad of a kid was I?!?! I totally laughed out loud when I read the break dancing part!

Of course there's all sorts of other goodies in there but I doubt you'd like to hear about my immunizations, dental development or when I crawled and walked so I will spare you ;)

No comments: