Wednesday, April 22, 2009

It's all in the hips

I believe it's been a bit...

Seems as though I haven't blogged about dancing in a while so why not do so now?! I'm still into it full swing, pun intended, and am still loving every minute of it. My dad and I have actual dance shoes now and joined the swing club so I take that as meaning that we are hard core professionals now! Or not ;)

We have graduated from the beginning to intermediate classes although there are certainly some things that I have yet to master from the beginning class such as my poor frame. I just can't seem to keep good compression when I partner dance! That probably makes no sense unless you've partnered danced before! Regardless of my poor frame, our hearts are still in it and we at least feel like we do well :)

Last night pops and I went to a bar/restaurant out south for dinner, a few drinks and an introductory lesson to salsa! It was a blast! After the lesson, they open up the floor for whoever wants to dance! We really had a great time and I'm sure I'll return next week! Apparently, every Tuesday, they have an introductory lesson to all sorts of stuff (rumba, salsa, cha cha, two step, night club sway, blah blah blah) and then afterwards the west coasters show up and swing!

Not 100% sure I'm going to my normal lesson tonight though. I've either got a really slammin' (and not in the good way) case of allergies or I've got a cold. My head is filled with crap and I can't seem to hold my eyes open. Blah.

Even though it may be the weather making me feel like this, I can't ignore that it is FREAKING BEAUTIFUL outside this week! We have a FULL garden now and the mister has started working on renovating our deck which I am SO excited about! It really needs a facelift!

Also, Monday was my last day to teach this semester. It's always bittersweet it seems. I totally miss my students and being in front of the class but I also love the extra free time I have to do whatever! Now, I still have a stack full of projects to grade so I'm not out of the woods yet but I'm not lesson planning for a while! I start a summer course up on June 1st so it's just a little break really.

Sorry if any of this seems disjointed or discombobulated or whatever....my brain is struggling through all of the snot today. Nice image, eh?

OH! Also, I am thinking of making this blog private so if you're a reader I don't know about and would still like to read this, let me know so I can invite you to it!

Ta Ta! Bodaciously ;)

No comments: