Monday, March 30, 2009

Married Twinky Weekend

As I said before, we didn't skip town as planned for the anni weekend. I'm not going to lie, I was pretty bummed about it at first but got over it quickly once we awoke Saturday morning to see a snowfall like I haven't seen in years! It was beyond beautiful! I loved it for SO many reasons! 1) the weather was to be warm the next day so it would be gone and wouldn't interfere in people's lives (esp my driving) 2) it was so so so so sooooooo pretty! 3) huge flakes 4)watching the beast bound around in it 4) bundling up with my mister 5) that it happened on the weekend 6) that it happened on our ANNIVERSARY weekend! 7) that it lasted all day 8) that it made me feel like we were snowed in and still stuck away like we had initially planned to be...I could go on and on but I shall refrain ;)


Saturday wasn't our exact anniversary but it was the day that we celebrated. The day started with me remaining in bed for about 3 hours while reading a book - this is something I haven't done in FOREVER and it was greatly missed. During this time, the mister cooked us breakfast which smelled so good during my reading time! We ate and went back to reading and video gaming, appropriately. There were of course many spurts of time where we watched the beast go beserk or just watched the snow fall. It snowed until 5 that evening, btw, and it was reported that our town got 9.9 inches! We had a oven baked frozen pizza for dinner and watched some b-ball. (I cannot believe how much I am getting into the March Madness business!) Later after we cleaned up we opened up a bottle of nice wine called the Bird Man, which my mister is, and relived what we were going through this time last year. Oh, and I wore this snowman shirt the mister got me as a joke a while back...I thought it was perfect for the random snow day! And funny! I wore a white long sleeved shirt under it and when the mister came out of the room from getting himself ready, he had mimicked my outfit completely! Well, he didn't have a snowman shirt on but you get the idea.


Moving on. That night was Earth Hour which asks that everyone turn off their lights from 8:30-9:30, local time. The Great Pyramids turned off their lights, the Vegas Strip participated, the Eiffel Tower was there and there were big street parties in larger cities all in the dark! We shut down all of our goodies, lit every single candle in the house (which did make me a little nervous as we have one kittie who is quite flame curious) and kept the lights off for much longer than the said hour! After about two hours, we turned on the ipod and had dance party 2009 in the kitchen. It was LOADS of fun. Oh, also during this time, we dove into our wedding cake which was surprisingly SO good and stepped outside to have cigars to celebrate! During the dance party, we cracked open a bottle of Cava (a Spanish champagne) and proceeded to get a bit more fuzzy.


Sunday morning consisted of some headaches, melting snow, lesson planning, b-ball, leisurely reading and a fancy homemade anniversary dinner. Oh, and some more cake of course ;)


I couldn't have asked for a more perfect anniversary weekend. I'd like to thank Mother Nature for snowing us in, my folks for storing our cake, our electrical lines for not letting us lose power, our friends and family for not calling and most of all, my mister for being my mister.

No comments: