I find that I'm not very good at keeping up with this blogging business...I only tend to write to kill time....lucky for you I'm killing time right now!
Let's see....last weekend was a good one. We spent time with some VERY dear friends of ours who've recently had a BEAUTIFUL little baby girl. Dinner, drinks, laughs, dirty joking, baby holding and cards were played...spades to be exact. Why I mention the card game is because I found it so bittersweet to be playing the game with our good friends. You see, my parents and their best friends who arranged for them to meet used to play spades together and did so for YEARS until one of the four passed away; which was spoken of in a previous post. It was kinda cool to rekindle that tradition within our generation of friends but also kinda sad to think that the original four who used to play aren't four anymore. Regardless of that, it was a wonderful wonderful time and much needed for myself, and I assume others. We spent another night hanging with the aforementioned kickin' friends in a more social setting with others and had another rocking evening! It was a good weekend, did I say that already? ;)
One item of note for this week is that I got my diploma in the mail! Now I need not worry anymore about if I met this requirement, or that requirement or did I sign that form or did I butter that prof up enough or not (just kidding on that last one!)? Now I know I did it all and I need not worry anymore! It's a great great weight lifted off of my shoulders :)
Last night was my weekly dance lesson at the community center. I just really can't get over how interesting it is every single week. I also can't get over how much I'm enjoying it and how good (I feel) I am getting! Last night, before class, we went out for dinner and a few drinks....well that loosened us up just perfectly and we were 'on' wonderfully! I think that's the trick - have a toddy and lose those inhibitions!
So today we had our private lesson and as it was ending, I heard my phone ringing over and over again. When I finally answered, it was my mister informing me that someone had found our dog and had him in their backyard in our neighborhood! Apparently, Pongo pushed apart an older area of our fence and took off joyriding on all fours around the hood until an angel caught him, called us and locked him up until my dad and I could get to him! What a little scoundrel!!! I'm so glad he didn't reach the big road nearby and that we have him back to slobber all over the place and to headbutt everyone's crotch! Wouldn't be home without him ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
wow you guys actually had fun? we were bored out of our minds....Im jk (pronounced J K not just kidding). We had a good time too and Pot Pot says that she likes it when you hold her..she also says that next time she would like you to change her poopy diaper.
Post a Comment