Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Roses & Blood...

Hey there, Hi there, Ho there. It's been a while, I know. I manage two blogs...this one and my jewelry blog www.sheezkrafty.blogspot.com and I seem to update a widdle more on that one than on this one. My apologies. But here I am!

This one will be short and sweet and will not involve anything having to do with travel. EXCEPT that after my last post, I found great motivation and scanned a whole album of my schooling in Mexico! I've so much to tell about that trip :)

Soooooooo....what's been going on? Well, we had V-day pass last weekend. The mister is NOT a go out and eat kind of person. He really does not dig waiting and since he worked in a restaurant for years, he's just burnt out on the scene. I, on the other hand, LOVE to go out to eat. We both know these facts about the other well. So what does the mister do for V-day? He takes me to a fancy schmancy Lebanese restaurant where we had to wait for about 45 minutes to eat...and he didn't grimace once! ;) We went early to avoid the 'rush' but ended up being stuck in the 'rush' of all of the senior citizens who eat at 4 and 5 in our town. I was brushed up against a mixture of Nascar jackets and fur coats...when choosing which to be closer to, I would choose the Nascar coats. Yucky fur coats. He's not a flower buyer since we grow our own flowers and use those for gifts BUT lucky for him, the restaurant gave all of the ladies roses when they dined with them! Ha! I thought that was kinda cool. So I did get flowers after all! In addition to that, I was informed that he will take me to a spa nearby our house for a massage one of these days (and I am needing it BAD! I've got a bad thing going on in my back right now) and also gave me a box of blank switchplates. He's so good. :) So we had a really nice dinner and I had about 5 million nice glasses of wine which put me in not so good shape for the remainder of the evening into the next day. BUT it was so nice he took me out and wined and dined me! Literally! :)

My other item of note for this widdle blog is an update on the thyroid front. A few weeks ago I went back to my awesome doctor to see how these new anti-everything pills were working out...which they are working out great! I am really enjoying enjoying life! He did still want to check out my thyroid but didn't seem horribly concerned. He gave me my labslips for my bloodwork and told me to do it when I got the courage. You see, I grew up doing bloodwork from anywhere to once a month to once a year depending on my levels. It sucked royally. I was always fine with bloodwork (well, after the age of 12 or so, that is) until once when I was 16 and went without my mom for the first time and instead took the bff and my sista with me. It was that time that I fainted and my body went into shock. I don't remember much of it except it was a new tech and I watched them do the blood test (which I always did then) and he had missed my vein. Then, he pulled the needle out partially and continued to retry and find it without ever pulling the needle all of the way out. Well, I was watching this and feeling the sticking somehow in the back part of my elbow. I think I said something about not feeling well and then I woke up with blood on my arm and my two supporters FREAKING out. I guess my body went into shock for some reason and the supporters were scared I was having a seizure! I had to drink some juice and eat a cookie or something and was on my way. After that incident, I've always had a much harder time getting my blood drawn for some reason. (wow, this isn't so much a short post anymore, is it?!) Moving on...... So I kept this lab slip in my purse for a few weeks basically ignoring its presence. Then Sunday night I had a dream that I had gone and done the bloodwork and felt very accomplished that I had done so! So yesterday morning I got up and decided I would get it done after class...by myself...which is a big deal for me. Yes, I know I'm a 'grown up' but somethings make me childlike. Whatever. So I didn't tell a soul and after I was done teaching, I went and got my blood drawn all by myself! I was so proud :) One small step for mankind, one GIANT leap for little ol me :)

I'll let you know what I find the results to be! Toodles!

No comments: